The Digital Flexible Cut die-cutters are specially designed for the digital printer.
A proven design initially only distributed by Ernst Nagel in Germany. Through the years the concept was further developed resulting in the modular DFC PRO available in various sizes and in 2 or 3 cylinder version.
- Very fast set up time, maximum 3 minutes
- Low waste max. 5 sheets
- No skilled operator required
- Save to operate
- Low tooling costs
- Long life cycle of dies
- Modular, adaptable construction
- Print mark register possible as option
- No tool operation
- Professional cutting and creasing results
- No compressed air required
- Very easy to install because of the integrated vacuum pump
- Ergonomic positioned control panel
- Operating errors virtually eliminated by fixed cutting gap
- Solid construction
Description in detail
An economic design combined with reliability offers fast make ready with virtually no waste. The machines do not require special operator skills and can be operated after a short training, explaining the functions. Flexible dies mounted on a magnetic cylinder running against an anvil cylinder with a fixed gap assure perfect cutting.
The fixed cutting gap avoids operator errors that might damage the flexible die.
Creasing jobs require a counter line; this counter line can be fixed to the anvil cylinder with double-sided adhesive tape. It is possible to replace the standard anvil cylinder by a second magnetic cylinder for frequent creasing job changes. In this case 2 flexible dies are used, the top die with the cutting lines and male creasing lines and the bottom die with the anvil lines and the female counter creasing lines.
The 3-cylinder version has 2 counter cylinders, a standard hardened anvil and a magnetic counter cylinder mounted in a carousel. The counter cylinders can be changed in 2 minutes.